Hi, I live on the Lower North Shore, I am a student of Gabriel Dionne school in Tête-à-la-Baleine. I figured I would write an article about where I live so you can understand better what it is to be a Coaster. I thought it would be interesting to write about the White Trail. On the Lower North Shore, there is about 10 different villages that aren’t connected together by a road. Therefore, the White Trail is the only way besides boat and plane that we can get to the other villages during winter.
Usually, the White Trail is open from the beginning of February to the end of March. They open it as soon as there is 10 inches of ice or more. In the winter time, there is either a hockey tournament, carnival or a meeting in a different village every weekend, so people from every village go by snowmobile on Friday and come back on Sunday. If you would leave from the start of the trail which is in Natashaquan to the end of the trail in Old Fort, it would take approximately 11-12 hours by snowmobile.
In summary, we are very lucky to have something such as the White Trail on the Lower North Shore because it gives us the opportunity to see friends and family to have a good time.
(M.M.)
(M.M.)

Hi M-P !
RépondreEffacerWe agree with you : the white trail is very useful to us.
Chad says : I am very happy if the trail is almost open before christmas, because it is a grat way to visit family !
William says : it is a great project !
Samuel says : I have been to Chevery on the white Trail and it was a great trip.
Thanks for your comments guys! Have a nice day! :)
RépondreEffacerA place so cold, made to look so warm, must be the love felt along the trail.
RépondreEffacer